Tuesday having moved to a wind protected Quay the wind picked up to around 60 mph gusts. The swell came round the wall and my five mooring lines snapped. I wasn't on board and came to the scene about an hour after it started to check on the boat. On arrival the police,passers by and a very tattooed waiter were struggling and loosing to hold katrilli from being washed on to the rock sea defences. The police were instructing people to let ago. Tattoo man jumped aboard and secured a line but we turned up just at this point so I was able to jump on start the engine and move away. Sue came aboard to help secure some lines and we motored in to the marina where previously I had been told I could not go in for various reasons. Fortunately there was a space where there wasn't one before and that's where I am now amoung the fishing boats. I'm taking her round to Cartagena tomorrow or next day and we'll find out what this will cost to repair. It could have been a lot worse, and I think if it weren't for tattoo man's efforts, and others it would have been. All my underpants would have been strewn around the harbour for one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On route to my winter destination.
Cagliari. I stayed too long on Majorca. Partly to investigate a blind date option . Unsuccessful, obs.🙄 and secondly to mooch around a bit ...
-
Jeff Koons- the three graces. Now in Motril on the hard. Time to anti foul and change some sea cocks . Had plans to do other stuff but had a...
-
Cagliari. I stayed too long on Majorca. Partly to investigate a blind date option . Unsuccessful, obs.🙄 and secondly to mooch around a bit ...
-
Didn’t make it last year due to authorities and fines , but presently in Granada which is nearest place to Sierra Nevada and skiing!! Only h...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.